Outside of the obvious (online dating sites) the internet has changed the dating world. If you haven’t been “out there” in a few years here’s what you’re missing out on.
Online dating sites – there’s sooo much here I could cover a month of nightly posts so I’ll just touch on a few right now.
- First there is the profile. How much do you say? What pictures do you use? And what is your profile name????
- Speaking of pictures, I’ve yet to figure out is why guys like to post pictures of themselves from the bathroom mirror with their shirts off or while driving their car….if anyone knows why please share.
- It used to be the question of how long until you call someone after a date, now with online dating you have to worry about replying too fast to an email. Some sites show when you’ve last logged on, so if you went on a date with someone do you get back on the site to answer emails from other prospective dates? If you do and you see your last date is online and they haven’t called you back, you wonder if they didn’t like you…but then you realize you’re doing the exact same thing to them – it’s a vicious circle.
- Before the date- it’s called cyberstalking. Looking them up on Facebook prior to the date is a given. See what you can find out, do you have any common friends, etc. It’s almost like a job reference search.
- Then when dating someone, at what point in the relationship do you become Facebook friends?
Googling them before the date is a given as well. Just a continuation of cyberstalking. Find out what you can ahead time to see if there are any red flags…like a mug shot. Then if you can’t find anything – do you worry about them not having a web presence at all?
Texting – Has its pros and cons. Some people don’t like to talk on the phone anymore. All communication can be through text. This is just odd when you’re trying to get to know someone. BUT it does come in handy to send a little note just saying “hi” to let them know you’re thinking of them without being too clingy.
Facetime – thank goodness no one have ever wanted to Skype or Facetime with me. The beauty of talking on the phone is you can look however you want. He doesn’t have to know I’ve been wearing the same comfy sweatshirt all week!!
Then if things don’t work out – it’s too easy to follow along what they are doing. When they are back out there, Are they doing better than you. Does the new “you” in their life look better than you?
It’s a whole new world out there folks! If you’re in the middle of it like me (or like I should be but I go to night school and volunteer and blog and…and…and…) then good luck my friend. It can be challenging but also a lot of fun!
Due to lack of resources (no internet at the house) this is all I have for this week. I should be back up and running this Saturday. Wish me luck, this blogger (and student) needs her life line back!
Happy Wednesday! For this week’s mid-week break – here’s a great dog break out video! Watch it turn into a party. Happy Wednesday!!